A Management Accountant (maternity cover) is required to help lead the practice through the next stage of its development, reporting to and working closely with the Financial Controller. Their responsibilities would include:
Required skills and experience:
- Preparation of month-end and year-end up to trial balance stage, including variance analysis.
- Maintaining the Sage ledger and journal entry requirements and producing high quality balance-sheet reconciliations.
- Assisting with budgeting & forecasting, and production of 3 Year Plans.
- Assist with Cash reporting, revenue, job profitability and expenditure.
- Managing the firm’s payroll and pension requirements.
- Assist with the preparation of all tax compliance, including VAT, Corp Tax, and overseas tax compliance.
- Assisting with audit
- Production of the MI suite, with exposure to business partnering with non-finance staff
- The successful candidate profile is likely to be as follows:
- A graduate with strong academic results – qualified or near-qualified accountant likely to be ACA or ACCA
- Strong IT skills including decent knowledge of accounting systems and advanced Excel skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills, adept at manipulating and reporting on data and a desire to communicate information to the non-Finance staff.
- Ability to cope with change with a flexible and adaptable approach.
- Proactive approach and an ability to make continuous improvements to what they do.
- Experience gained in creative or professional service industries would be advantageous, or experience to these types of clients from a practice background.
- Strong and clear communication skills are essential.
- Ability to work on own projects unsupervised, as well as work as part of a team.
- The individual must also possess a professional attitude and the ability to think independently.
- Good planning and time management skills to prioritise tasks in an efficient manner.
- Good team working skills.
This is a full-time time maternity cover position, located and based in London and includes benefits.
All candidates should be eligible to work in the UK.
To apply please send your CV (maximum 10MB) to [email protected] and include ‘Management Accountant’ in the subject line.